Highland Coaches Ltd t/s Muthu Highland Heritage Coach Tours
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our clients and we want you to feel secure whilst engaged with us in business; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal data.
This privacy statement outlines how we may use any personally identifiable data about you and the ways in which we protect and treat such data that we collect when you use our services.
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Data about you (including your name, e-mail address, and contact number)
- Data that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to any future online services, email notifications and/or newsletters
- Any other data that you choose to send to us
Website Cookies (www.muthuhighlandheritage.com)
A cookie consists of data sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The data is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you visit.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third-party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking Tools, Internet Options, Privacy, and selecting Block all cookies using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites including sites operated by us.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use your personal data to:
- Send you general (non-marketing) communications
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested
- Deal with enquiries made by you in relation to our services
- We will not provide your personal data to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing
Please let us know if the personal data which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we may disclose your personal data:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing data to others for the purposes of fraud prevention)
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal data.
We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You can request to see an updated policy document as it is published.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal data we hold about you.
Provision of such data will be subject to:
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
- You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.
- You may instruct us to remove personal data under your rights of the General Data Protection Regulation. Any removal will be limited to regulatory compliance and what is permitted by law.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The company website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Highland Coaches Ltd
t/a Muthu Highland Heritage Coach Tours
The data controller responsible in respect of the data collected is Highland Coaches Ltd.